John and I

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Quip about Irish girls and fun things I'm doing :P

I have to say something about Irish girls. In my time being here I've met a handful that I've liked, and they've been the vast minority of who I've met. I don't know if it's because I'm American or what, but they really don't need to be giving me nasty looks when I walk down the street. According to one (nice) Irish girl, apparently Irish girls just don't like other girls. Ok, I'm done with my rant, I was just ''accidentally'' pushed into one too many times in a store to not have to say something about it.
Back to what I've been up to:
It's been beautiful weather here in Ireland, but the countdown has begun to leave for Madrid (which I assume has nicer weather)! I was lucky enough to have a girl's night out at a cocktail place called Suas (the Irish for ''up'' which makes sense because it's upstairs on a balcony) with my lovely friend Anna Murphy :) I have to say that €8.45 for a cocktail is excessive but the atmosphere was well worth it. To all the girls reading this: a Debutante is a drink with chocolate schnapps, butterscotch schnapps, cream and chocolate shavings. HOW AMAZING DOES THAT SOUND??!

Before I went out, John and I met up with Colm and Sparky to watch a rugby match (our team lost) which is a sport that I'd say is understated in the states. I understand why soccer isn't that big but rugby is awesome and makes football look like golf.

John had a boy's night with some of his buddies at a pub and we met up around 11 and stayed out until after midnight (we're lame, we know).
I'm still down with a bit of a cough but eh, whatever, John worries enough for the two of us. I'm teaching him Spanish and we have to get to the train station but other than that we're pretty much ready to go!

Gotta go now, we're heading over to meet John's grandpa and hang out with his little sisters :)

love to all

2 comments:

  1. Sounds beautiful!!!!!
    Thanks for calling tonight it is good to hear your voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha dont count on madrid having constant nice weather. you can get lucky, but it can also be rainy and gross. a week ago it was just getting nice, so you should be ok! good luck, and have an amazing time there!!

    ReplyDelete