John and I

Thursday, May 27, 2010

¡Bienvenido a España!

I was unsure where to start, but I am so excited to be in Spain that I have to talk about that first and there will be more posts to follow regarding other stories that have happened recently.

When we arrived in Spain, we started sweating and remarking on how much warmer it was versus Ireland. Jimmy informed us that this was the coldest day of the week. When we arrived at his casa, located in a place called Pozuelo De Alarcón (which John and I prounced like ¨Buffalo blah bla´-on?") we were greeted with my dream home. Jimmy lives in the most beautiful three story Spanish home, filled with abstract paintings and expensive-looking artifacts collected by his parents (who both happen to be doctors--who knew!). John and I fully intend on taking a dip in Jimmy´s backyard pool tomorrow.

We're an hour ahead of Ireland now so it is nearly 10 p.m. and we are about to have our dinner. Apparently the way that Spaniards eat is a small breakfast, a gigantic lunch, a snack at 6 and then dinner late at night (I feel like I remember this vaguely from Spanish class 3 or 4 years ago).

John and I have been watching TV for the past hour and a half with Jimmy in order to better our Spanish; watching the news helps the most, since John and I can figure out the headlines and then pick up words here and there and relate them to the photos. We'll be fluent yet!

It is a gorgeous country so far, and tomorrow we will venture into the city to visit perhaps the Palacio Real and the Plaza Mayor, but who knows?! We're in Spain!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the postings....sounds incredible! I wish we were there. Please take pictures :)would love to see it. Say hello to Jimmy for us and thank his parents for us, for having you!
    I will not be able to have access to you until Monday. Love you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete