John and I

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lonely Planet's #1 thing to do in Ireland...

So as you may know, Ireland has many beautiful qualities and miraculous sight-seeing places such as the Cliffs of Moher, or the Aran Islands or the Blarney Castle. But the number one thing to do in Ireland, according to the Lonely Planet guidebook is: Go to a Pub. Wow.
So, following the guidebook like it's my new bible, that's exactly what we did last night. If anyone wants to know, it takes approximately 4 shots to get me twisted (or flutered, trollied, cut, merry or any of the other Irish terms for being drunk) (sorry mom, I guess I am your daughter :) ).
Colm, Tomsy, John and I went out to several pubs, so I guess it's the Irish version of bar-hopping, but really we moved from pub to pub because they all close at different times so we were trying to beat the last call in each, known as a bar crawl.
It was a ton of fun, and Cork City is really nice out at night. Turns out I'm one of the happiest drunks the lads have ever met so they were happy with that.

Today (after sleeping in til noon) I went shopping and tonight I am going to a midsummer festival launch (some opera and music summer festival thing) and then we are possibly going out again tonight. I'll try to take more pictures than I have been and post a few on here.

Love to all, and Caitlyn, I will be in Bergen.

2 comments:

  1. I know that, silly. I read your itinerary. I meant where in Bergen will you be staying. I makes sense for me to book a hotel near you or even the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I don't know I'm staying with a friend there and she's picking us up so somewhere...I'll find out!

    ReplyDelete